Reply to post: I think I called these guys

Fake tech support 'scam' husband and wife banned FOR LIFE from computer repair world

EarthDog

I think I called these guys

I was reading a site when a popup ad appeared saying my PC was infected and I needed to clean my registry and run anti-virus. Well since I didn't have a registry it sounded fishy.

And unfortunately for them I was bored and had nothing better to do.

So I called them and asked for Heather and Bob. Of course the phone drone had no idea what I was talking about. I spun a tale of Heather and Bob, how I got a new contract for the company worth millions, and needed to talk to Heather and Bob right away. So we went back and forth for a while. I patiently explained things over and over again and also asked for their fax number so I could send the contract.

So after a bit I asked for the phone drone's supervisor. Who of course had no idea about Heather, Bob, or a contract that needed to go to corporate. So I patiently went over the situation with him several times. Finally I got bored and asked him to find the numbers and email them to me. I gave him one of my spam trap emails.

I never did get an email reply. I am sort of disappointed with their level of customer care.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon