Reply to post: Re: Helpful tips to make the above concept better welcome. @Dropbear

WhatsApp? You still don't get EU privacy laws, that's WhatsApp

Triggerfish

Re: Helpful tips to make the above concept better welcome. @Dropbear

As I say YMMV but I live abroad and phoning someone and speaking their own language is a bit beyond me at the moment, text has some advantage over that.

Here FB is so entrenched I don't even know some peoples phones numbers. People don't do calls av wage is low, it's money thrown away when someone can use leeched wifi and FB. People over here even have phones that don't work for calls because they are broken doesn't make any difference to them.

Whatsapp tend to be among the more Westerners and even then it has advantages, from a quick text message to parents with couple of nice pics to reassure them I am alive (or being able to give me a call via Wifi), and friends back home, shared groups and messaging people in other countries. It has advantages that are very hard to beat. Without having to try and get everyone across to a new style of thing, including technophobic family members, it's not really practical.

In the UK I avoided FB, easy enough to say call or text, over here its the communication tool of the whole of the region, genuinely unavoidable, if you would like to talk to people and find things. Whatsapp likewise.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon