Reply to post:

AMD sales soar, actually makes a profit, beats expectations, share price... decimated

FrankAlphaXII

Welcome news for sure. I had a choice between a Core i9 and a Threadripper, and I picked the Threadripper. The extra PCI-E lanes sold it for me. Then again, if I'm honest with myself, I've never been much on Intel for anything but Xeons.

I kind of wanted to check out Optane, but you're locked into Intel if you want to use it and I'm not a fan of that. Plus, regardless of their technology's merits or not, I kind of have a personal beef with Intel, they fucked over a family member (hell two if you count my sister's mother who had to go to Arizona to keep her job) who worked for them for 35 years earlier this year. For all their empty virtue signaling about women in technology they sure as fuck don't put their money where their mouth is.

Investors are usually idiots. Companies with no value and/or long term prospects or are circling the drain because their leadership are clueless get far overvalued (lookin' at you HPE, Twatter) while those actually doing something get shit on. Its nothing new.

AMD's in a good spot though, they've got good products. I'm looking forward to getting Vega video cards, my current RX cards are good but the Vegas look like they're going to be that much better.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon