Reply to post: Re: Oooh, clever..

You can yacht be serious: Larry might be planning his own version of America’s Cup

Kurt Meyer

Re: Oooh, clever..

@ AC

"For a similar reason that no other countries compete in your "World Series"! "

The Toronto Blue Jays - back-to-back World Series champions in 1992 and 1993.

"It said compete - i.e. in the present tense. I believe since those 2 years it has been US teams only?"

Changing the terms of your argument after it is shown to be incorrect?

Good job.

In fact, prior to the Blue Jays winning the title, it was US teams only. So what?

The Blue Jays have competed for the title of World Series champions every year since they were founded 40 years ago. They have only won the competition twice, as was pointed out to you in my previous post.

They are, in fact, the second Canadian team to compete for that title. The Montreal Expos also competed for 35 years before they moved from Montreal.

That the Blue Jays have only been champions in the two years mentioned, and the Expos never won the title, doesn't change the fact that both teams competed to do so.

Using your "present tense" argument will you also claim that England have not competed for the World Cup since 1966?

As dire as the performance of the Three Lions has been for the last 50 years, they have competed, however brief their participation.

"The point being made which obviously went straight over your head is that it's called the "World Series" for reasons other than where it takes place or who takes part - Just like the Americas Cup!"

I'm not missing any point. I am addressing your earlier claim, which is shown to be wrong.

Are you going to stand by your original contention that "no other countries compete in your "World Series" "?

Rather than accepting the correction, you have since added a further qualifier, and then gone on to a completely separate statement regarding the name of the competition, neither of which is germane to, or supportive of, your original statement.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon