Reply to post: Re: Bishop Bollocks

Calm down, Elon. Deep learning won't make AI generally intelligent

handleoclast

Re: Bishop Bollocks

@Rebel Science

Interesting username. Rebel Science. As in Alternative Science. As in Not Science. Allow me to dissect your little brain fart...

Another brain-dead superstitious materialist heard from.

I may or may not be brain-dead, superstitious, or materialist but at least I presented evidence and reasoned arguments in support of my view. You chose not to buttress your assertions with anything.

Here's what your little materialist cult

Not merely materialist but naturalist (in the philosophical sense of being the opposite of a supernaturalist) and a monist (as opposed to a dualist who believes that we have a brain for no real reason because all our thinking is done by a soul).

believes in: the universe created itself by some unknown magic;

I don't know how the universe formed. I am aware of several scientific speculations. As far as I know, the only people who claim the universe was created by magic are those with theistic beliefs.

machines are or will be conscious by some unexplainable magic called emergence;

Anybody who has assembled a computer kit, or a kit car, or build a structure from meccano, or even lego, knows that the whole can behave differently from the unassembled parts. The name for this is "emergent properties" and it doesn't invoke any magic. The religious, however, claim that humans are conscious because of some unexplainable magic called "god."

lifeforms created themselves from dirt.

No reputable scientist claims that life came from dirt. The people who claim life was created from dirt are those who think the Babble is a science text book. See Genesis 2:7 (I expect you're already familiar with it).

You're either suffering from an extreme case of projection or you're trolling.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon