Reply to post: Re: iTunes on Windows

iPhone 8: Apple has CPU cycles to burn

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: iTunes on Windows

For my second cycle of iPhone very recently, I did the same as the first round: I got "last year's model" for cheap, and it is more featured and powerful than I need. This time it's the 7; last one was a 6.

But this time around, my iTunes on Vista (8-year-old Dell tower) can't connect to it, and there are no more updates from Fruit HQ. So this iPhone's nice, big memory is lacking the GBs of music I intend to carry with me, and work has been less than productive. I'm going to have to migrate my entire iTunes library over to my missus's Win 8.1 laptop (4?-year-old Dell). Thinking I'll keep the media on a flash drive and only load the application itself, so she still has lots of space to keep fiddling with Photoshop Elements. (We're not power users, but we're passively keeping non-tablets relevant.)

If Fruit HQ decides to drop Windows support entirely, I can imagine buying a Mac Mini and migrating not only the media but my household-financial operations (about all I do on the old desktop). Maybe my external ioSafe drives can be converted into Time Machines.

(Why not Apple Music? Too cheap and too stubborn, admittedly. Also why I'm using an old version of Quicken, and an old Vista machine, and using USB external HDs for backups...)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon