Reply to post: All of my clients are on a budget...

Downloaded CCleaner lately? Oo, awks... it was stuffed with malware

JCitizen
Coffee/keyboard

All of my clients are on a budget...

and cannot afford much more than one paid solution. I've been putting Avast on their systems for years, and sometimes they were using an inferior free bee, and always had trouble with them. Avast has its quirks, but they are usually easy to correct. Now I only recommend even poor people should try to buy MBAM. If they go in together and buy a 3 license copy, they can get a really good deal and spread them among them selves. I still recommend Avast, because it will block many problems before they ever get on the computer, so MBAM has nothing to deal with in those instances. Avast is noisy, and I think that is why people think it acts like malware - I LIKE It to get noisy, because other wise you don't know the otherwise legitimate site is using bad security practices. There are just too many good features on Avast, like the application updater, and notifier, to ignore it. I will admit, that on folks using Windows 10, I feel the built in Defender is enough, but even then I recommend MBAM Premium if they have anything to lose! I will admit the paid for version of Avast is a pain in the behind and I will never recomment it!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon