Reply to post: Re: Awesome article

The developers vs enterprise architects showdown: You shall know us by our trail of diagrams

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Awesome article

Exactly what I was thinking.

"EAs are infamous for not having touched a line of code since, well, that time way back when they did all this DevOps stuff on mini-computers but didn’t call it “DevOps”."

Yep, I'm from that generation. We did the lot back then. Even racking the 2.4Mb RK05 Disk Drives and we wrote code, lots of code.

These days, everyone is compartmentalised. "not my job Guv!" is now commonly heard.

Many don't even want to know about the other stuff that goes into making complex systems work.

When I left my last job, or rather got laid off some 15 months ago, then the company sent it to India, my job was replaced by four people. Ironically their costs ended up being close to mine. And they are ******** it up royally. My old boss wants me back as a contractor to go sort out a major project cock up because a load of essential things fell through the gaps. Did those 4 people talk to each other? Did they heck.

Told him no. I get my state pension next month. Time to put my feet up and work on some RaspberryPi robots.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon