Reply to post: It's funny, the little things...

Unloved Microsoft Edge is much improved – but will anyone use it?

Baldrickk

It's funny, the little things...

...are the things that make you like or hate a browser.

Some people above are devoted to their File, Edit, View... menu.

I personally use a combination of Firefox and Vivaldi at the moment. Vivaldi tends to win, because despite being a little clunky in areas (docking / undocking tabs being the main feature that comes to mind) having rapid right->left and left->right click on the mouse buttons triggering back and forwards is a brilliant piece of UI functionality, as my mouse is a simple one and does not have buttons for that built in like my last one.

On my mobile, it tends to be Chrome that wins out, because unlike the Firefox browser that I also have, it supports zooming to fit images on a double-tap, tap-swipe zoom for one-handed browsing, which firefox doesn't (yet - there is a ticket), and it is quicker to navigate through open tabs.

As a funtional browser, I actually prefer firefox though. Things like the ability to open web videos in the built in player on the phone instead of whatever html5 player is on the website, and by extension enable casting to my TV make it a much more useful browser, just not quite as tight on the UI.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon