Reply to post: Re: Waddyamean 'Another reason to hate'?

Another reason to hate Excel: its Macros can help pivot attacks

Jakester

Re: Waddyamean 'Another reason to hate'?

Nice comparison ... comparing Excel and Word with Visio. Take a look at the Microsoft Store reviews of Visio:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/visio-professional-2016/cfq7ttc0k5cw

7 of the 14 reviews give it a 1-star rating for an average of 2.5 (as of today). Basically, a bucket of bovine excrement appears to have more value than Visio. Years ago, I did use a pre-Microsoft version of Visio, and it was an excellent product. Microsoft appears to have fixed that problem.

I don't use Word or Excel, except when providing tech support for those unwilling to use a better, less costly product, or who have to use it because a government agency, insurance company, etc, requires them to run macros and a very specific version of Office. To be fair, I haven't bothered to experiment with recent versions of Word to see if formatting changes when another printer is selected or if when placing more than 4 or so pictures in a document caused all the images to change position (even if they were anchored). My time is too valuable to me than to do this type of meaningless exercise just for the fun of it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon