Reply to post: What I expected and what I got...

Five ways Apple can fix the iPhone, but won't

Ian Joyner Bronze badge

What I expected and what I got...

When you said five ways Apple can fix but won't, I expected some sensible points that would stop me going and buying the iPhone 8 this year (since I am most likely to put of purchases because I think feature x, y, z will be in the next model).

But instead I only really got one 'sort of' reason about the battery. Actually a battery that lasts 10 days would be really great. I'm sure if they had a two-day battery (which for most of us it is anyway), Register would be saying Apple should have put in a four-day battery.

Well, at least Apple tests their products (really thoroughly) and don't put in BATTERIES THAT EXPLODE like some!

Meanwhile Apple is putting research into batteries, even car batteries from which everyone will benefit, even Apple's competitors which aren't ashamed to copy anyway.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/07/20/apple-catl-battery-research-report/

As for the other four reasons, Register even contradicts itself by saying Apple probably will do something along these lines. That contradicts the 'but won't'. The headphone debate has already been won by Apple.

So, why I won't buy a new iPhone 8 this year is because I only just got the iPhone 7 in January, and it's still doing fine.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon