Reply to post: SONOS is overpriced and overrated

Sonos will deny updates to those who snub rewritten privacy terms

Music Flow fanboy

SONOS is overpriced and overrated

Personally, I went with LG Music Flow network connected speakers. I understand SONOS has BIG marketing behind them and so many celebrity endorsements, and their pricing reflects the sizeable ad campaign.

While Music Flow ultimately failed due to its horrendously bad controller app, bad reviews and low ratings, I took a chance on it anyway, partly because I was such a huge fan of my LG G4. Yes, it was really bad and frustrating. But I stuck with it because when it did function properly, the sound was incredible to me. Extremely well balanced for my tastes in music, which leans heavily toward folk, rock, country, jazz, bluegrass, classical and movie score. Genres of music with real instruments and natural sound.

Since Music Flow has been updated to work seamlessly with Google's Chromecast Audio protocol and Google Home app as a controller, the experience is now sublime. I am such a fan of the sound and ease of use of these speakers that I now have 14 of them in my home for a total of 760 watts. I purchased these 14 speakers for roughly the same amount of money that the SONOS Play 5 and the sub woofer would have cost me.

I don't need voice control. I don't have Alexa devices or Google Home devices or any such thing in my home. My Oneplus 3T listens to, records and tracks enough of what I do without extra devices lying around doing the same thing. I need my speakers to play what I want, when I want them to without hassle, without nonsense and that's what I have with Music Flow. I am completely in love with these speakers.

So, if SONOS wants to go the way of Apple and charge ridiculous amounts of money for products that they still own, control and dictate to the end user how the speakers will and will not be used, I say good luck SONOS. I'll be very interested to see how this "Play"s out.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon