Reply to post:

So, Nokia. What makes you think the world wants your phones?

DropBear

Right now they don't seem to be offering anything that would make me want one (oh do come on - nostalgia for a brand that has essentially zero to do with its roots right now? Yeah, I have some, but I'm not THAT stupid...). Now, IF they would offer either a) a proper landscape hardware full qwerty keyboard, or b) delightfully bold and innovative takes (like they used to) on the incredibly stale slab form-factor or c) a truly astonishingly good camera on the phone (I've seen samples, the ones for the 8 are rather kinda "meh" - just look at how mid-distant foliage gets mangled...) or d) a stowable screen, whatever form factor as long as it opens to at least twice the size of the phone itself or e) at least a second high-res e-paper screen for reading e-books (hello Yotaphone) or f) a battery life of three full days (a weekend of dying of boredom in the middle of nowhere - if I wanted to carry a zillion extra power packs I don't need Nokia for that...) of semi-continuous use (light browsing etc., not video playback or calling), or... or... SOMETHING that isn't just a false use case invented by marketroids completely severed from reality, THEN I'd be quite interested...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon