Reply to post: been there - seen that - never been shouted at to that extent (yet)

Linux-loving lecturer 'lost' email, was actually confused by Outlook

mr_souter_Working

been there - seen that - never been shouted at to that extent (yet)

collapsing folders and complaining that everything is gone - check

deleting emails/folders and complaining that they don't know what happened - check

dragging items/folders into other locations and not being able to find them - check

users (and helplessdesk staff) not being able to use the search function to find items - check

users complaining that the never received an email (and being proven wrong) - check

junk mail settings that the user configured causing emails to disappear - check

helpdesk staff restoring most of a mailbox because the user insisted that everything was gone (just moved) - check

users complaining that they are not able to send/receive email, because they have ignored the warnings every day for the last 3 months about the quota - check

Been in the game so long (as many of us have), that I have seen just about every form of stupidity users can come up with for email (not limited to Exchange and Outlook either).

I think that if I'd encountered that individual, he would have been told succinctly exactly where he could shove his attitude, before showing him exactly how stupid he was being.

Then I would have torn my boss a new one, and my colleagues, all while pointing out that we had backups of the PST files for this very reason (assuming he had actually lost any emails).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon