Reply to post:

NetApp, you went all-flash, never go all-fla... Hey, wait. It's working

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Well that applies to the entire storage vendor market so its sorta irrelevant to pointing against NetApp specifically...

but back to non cloud provider stuff - yes its easy to get caught up in: not good for SAN, cant scale out, not flash optimized, built from the ground up, etc etc etc but really all that was buzz. Fact is NetApp has ALWAYS had the secret sauce all other vendors would kill for.

dont get me wrong, there was some serious confusion and lack or direction for a period there. but they seem to be firing on all cylinders again. and there is no reason why their core portfolio AND their new products (solidfire, etc) cant tackle just about every storage related need on the market and do it competitively...including integrating with or caching, backing up to cloud of choice.

still doesnt solve the fact the on prem market is eroding. Not just storage, but everyone. Cisco sells boxes too (gasp, surprise!). again, i just moved back to an irrelevant "this affects everyone" statement. But I'm sure the stance is that physical on prem IT can keep a company fed for many more decades if you control all the market share....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon