Reply to post: Re: all it needs now

Intel CEO Krzanich quits Trump's Manufacturing Council over response to Charlottesville rallies

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: all it needs now

...it makes it one violent act met by a measured resistance

Except that is nothing like what happened is it? I know facts and nuance fall by the wayside once lefties get going, but the facts do remain:

1. The Unite The Right people were protesting the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, which has been in place for over 100 years.

2. They had obtained all the permits required for their protest.

3. The violence was initiated by Antifa and BLM counter-protesters - who had no permits to protest and came tooled-up for the violence.

Interestingly, the police made very little effort to keep protest groups separate - almost as though the leftie govenor of the state wanted it that way, so he could decry all the 'right-wing violence'. Unfortunately, that politcally motivated ploy allowed the violence to get so out of hand that people died.

Trump decried the violence on both sides at the outset as there was plenty of blame to go round. However, that wasn't what our mainstream media, who have their own left wing agenda, were interested in. Hence the pressure to only blame one side. Have you even seen mention of Antifa or BLM? The coverage I have seen would lead you to think the only people there were Nazis.

I have no sympathy for the Nazis there, but I am wary of the complete airbrushing of both Antifa and BLM - both of whom are quite happy to use violence and property distruction to get their way. Left wing extremists should be held equally accountable for their violence.

If you are interested at all in truth, I suggest you watch raw footage on YouTube. There is plenty of it. You may well come to different conclusions than those the media want you to draw.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon