Reply to post:

GoDaddy gives white supremacist site its marching orders after Charlottesville slur

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Do hosting providers even comb through their list of millions of domains to find ones that might be problematic? They might have a site showing ISIS videos, but unless they have a way for people to report them and act on the reports by having someone check them...

It won't matter in the long run, if nothing else some Nazis with a little money will buy a small hosting provider and offer a home to all their hate. There's no way to really be rid of it.

I think it is simultaneously hilarious, ironic and sad that the "doxxing" technique the right wing extremists have been using against various targets is being used against them. There's a Twitter feed where pictures from Charlottesville are being checked and Nazis named and shamed. I saw last night already one lost his job as a result. Hopefully more will follow. At least the KKK feared the consequences enough to wear hoods. These guys are so proud of their views they aren't, but in the days of facial recognition that's probably not a good idea. I wonder if the FBI set up shop there to take pictures of the crowd? Surely a few of those nutjobs are wanted, and could be arrested on the spot.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon