Reply to post:

Hey America! Your internet is going to be so much better this January

Jamie Jones Silver badge

That simply hands control of what should be independent government requirements to the cable giants.

[ ... ]

And that the US was still massively behind other developed nations in terms of speed, roll-out and competition (16th out of 34 developed nations). Worse, just three per cent of the country had a choice of three or more providers (the definition of real competition) for speeds of 25Mbps or higher.

[ ... ]

And now, in the era of Trump, they hold a majority, and they are looking to unravel the rules to the detriment of Americans and to benefit of the cable giants.

But less government regulation is freedom! Anything else is just commie! This is the American way!

Just ask "Big John" and "Bombastic Bob"

(Meanwhile, my evil government has given me a situation where I have about 15 ISPs to choose from. Those damn politicians.. Distracting me with complicated broadband choices whilst they control me!)

P.S. This isn't an "anti-American" post. I'm with you guys against all the bullshit you have to put up with, like I am grateful when you guys are supportive of us with our own political shite

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon