Reply to post: Google must be the most anti-diverse company I have ever heard of

Google's macho memo man fired, say reports

DuncanLarge Silver badge

Google must be the most anti-diverse company I have ever heard of

I read the memo. All of it. And understood it. Its not really hard. Mixing paint would be harder.

Those who read this memo and see it as "anti-diversity" dont know what they read. I wonder if they can understand a shopping list to be honest.

This memo is the most diversity supporting thing that Google will ever see in digital or physical form considering the memo's description of Googles own practices.

It actively tries to expose Googles internal environment as one that is itself anti-diverse. Assuming it is correct, I agree. Google's internal work environment is possibly the craziest and most sexits/racist thing I have seen that thinks its none of those things. It is the cause of any gender gap, yet actually thinks it is the opposite.

Those who work in this environment and dont see this are akin to the general human population of the Matrix who think they are free, yet are enslaved. They are like the Muggles in Harry Potter who cant see magic when it is right in front of their nose, inventing excuses as to why it cant possibly exist or be true.

So one guy comes along and sees through it all. Writes a diversity promoting text that attempts to change the environment so it can actually do what its trying to do, and gets fired by those who want to keep hurting others while thinking they are not.

So he gets fired. Those who did that probably did so because:

- They got triggered at some point by something that would threaten their solid, non-plastic view of the universe. They stopped reading, jumped to a conclusion and acted.

- They had tired eyes and could not read it all. Went along with the group or just said yes so they too dont get in trouble with the "solid ones".

- They created these practices. They became angry that someone would not worship their "design" and found they can use their own system against him to protect themselves / take revenge.

- They created / supported these practices and after reading the memo (assuming they understood it) found they were exposed to possible embarrassment. They are trying to cover up/take revenge etc.

- They cant read.

This memo should be posted to Google via snail mail thousands of times. Like in Harry Potter, enough exposure to the letters and Harry will get to go to Hogwarts, and Google employees will be freed.

Also they may be forced to learn to read!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon