Reply to post: Sir Runcible Spoon Re: "Basically it is for show"

WannaCry-killer Marcus Hutchins denies Feds' malware claims

Matt Bryant Silver badge
Facepalm

Sir Runcible Spoon Re: "Basically it is for show"

".... I didn't think even you could defend such an outrageously oppressive policy (unless you're trolling of course)." As I pointed out in my response, it is no different to the asset seizure laws enacted in the EU, so to try and imply they are an American-only "abuse" is to ignore their application in so-called "enlightened" countries. Are you saying you therefore disagree with the similar EU laws?

As it stands, the US laws have previously been used to confiscate the loot of drug dealers for decades, with billions of the seized assets and cash having been used to compensate victims of crime. Eric Holder ramped down the seizures but did not eliminate them. It has gained more attention recently because Jeff Sessions said he planned to ramp it back up, and anything related to Trumpet's administration is immediately and hysterically targeted by the Left as being "bad". Are you suggesting that the cartels, responsible for thousands of gang-related deaths in Mexico alone every year, shouldn't have their assets targeted?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon