Reply to post:

Another day, another British Airways systems screwup causes chaos

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Swing and roundabouts...

I have an afternoon of work to do in Germany every month or so... I could fly over in the morning, do it, and come back in the evening. However, as was demonstrated perfectly by a colleague the other week, if you rely on the morning flights from London City, you can get caught out.

So I fly out the afternoon before, check in to a cheap hotel, and then go and have some beers and food with a new group of friends I've met.

So thank you BA (and French air traffic controllers) for being so unreliable that I am forced to spend a bit more time in Germany, being sociable with the new circle of strange Germans I've collected - and the occasional Brit from the flight (yes, I'm that guy, the one that enjoys interesting conversation when your ears have popped and you can't hear a word!).

Unfortunately now the new social circle are suggesting I should string my visits out to reach a weekend, and I think I might end up paying for this with some major organ failure!

Oh well, it's all good fun, and it certainly makes life more enjoyable than remembering it's actually a 3+ hour commute each way for about the same number of hours work!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon