Reply to post:

Apple exits music player biz by killing iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle

Wade Burchette

My iPod stays in my car, connected to my head unit's USB adapter. It really is quite convenient for that purpose. All my CD's are ripped using Apple Lossless and then I use my older version of iTunes to convert that to the highest quality lossy AAC format to fit on my iPod. I have to drive a lot, so it is a blessing when I can avoid the banal music of the local radio stations. (I hate pop music, it all sounds the same even if it is on a rock station, "alternative" rock station, or country station. Now the only difference between pop and country is a fiddle and a southern accent.)

But I've been seeing the writing on the wall for a little bit and started looking for alternatives. I know about Fiio. I also found out Pioneer has a program where you can transfer your music and playlists from iTunes to a program they have. And then that program can be used to put your music and playlist on a SD card or USB drive for Pioneer units. iTunes version 10 and earlier are great at organizing music; version 11 and later is garbage at everything. I found my alternative. I don't have to redo my playlists, I don't need to re-rip my music. And since I like Pioneer head units, I stopped looking.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon