Reply to post: Re: @ Dan 55

Another Brexit cliff edge: UK.gov warned over data flows to EU

codejunky Silver badge

Re: @ Dan 55

@ Triggerfish

About your vote for dan, if you hit the upvote it will change your vote.

"Don't know how much experience you have with dealing with Asia but if you think you just toodle up and a week later you are selling things you are so wrong"

The problem is I havnt said this. Yet all I hear is defeatist rejection of interacting with the world because it might require work. The fact that there is a line of countries wanting trade deals with us already shows there is desire to trade with us in ways impossible as part of the cartel.

"many fall on their arse"

Interestingly this is the argument for the private sector. Most do fail in any market. But by trying there are successes.

"because we voted Brexit and are now a proud nation that everything will fall in line"

No.

"people will try and give us beneficial trade deals that may hurt them but that's how it works right"

What delusional rubbish have you been told or are you making this up to argue against? I have never heard anything this mad.

"Cos Britain is actually Great Britain."

I love this. Remain argument against 'Little England', the response is 'Great Britain' and when we vote leave suddenly Osborne and such started talking about Great Britain and not Little England. It is so funny to watch people so catastrophically wrong shamelessly change their attitude like true hypocrites. Similar problems with the eurosceptic / pro-euro when we were shown right no matter how loud the others cried out.

"Personally I voted remain because I think that attitude is rubbish and naive."

Thats fine, I can respect that view. But voting the other because some people on one side seem misinformed would have left us with nobody voting. I truly expect those views of leavers you have claimed are made up or from some fringe loony drunk who would normally be shouting about the coming of christ.

"So if you do think you can just rock up to China and start selling stuff within a matter of say a couple of weeks please tell me how?"

This is a problem. I dont just say that. Remove the straw man and you see your arguing against arguments you have presented. I point out pretty solidly that the claim we would be global pariahs and such fell at the first hurdle, we have a line for trade deals. We can be signing them the minute after getting out of the EU. Trade with members of the EU wont just stop that minute either, hell if the EU stops mucking about they might even be able to negotiate a trade deal although I do side with remainers that the 27 countries are not necessarily competent or adult enough to do such a thing.

We are at the front of the queue for a US trade deal. That doesnt mean start negotiating after we leave. That means our gov aught to be sorting it out and having the pen ready the minute we leave the EU. Same with China, Australia, New Zealand, etc. And our policies on trade and law will also matter. The fact that we are making serious roads to recovery from the recession almost a decade ago since the brexit vote means we might be in a better position before the next one hits. The EU still isnt and if we are tied to them they can drag us down.

I dont claim an easy life due to voting leave. I believe it is the best decision to make for a number of reasons and yet I get the same remain arguments (read dan) arguing against their own straw men and misrepresentations. In my book that is talking to ones self.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon