Reply to post: Re: Nut Bush City Limits.

Zero accidents, all of your data – what The Reg learnt at Bosch's autonomous car bash

CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

Re: Nut Bush City Limits.

While, initially, that may seem to reduce by 1 the number of the numerous ways you can die on a motorcycle

They certainly increased the likelyhood of having an accident on one of the Honda bikes I've had - the VFR800 I had (replacing a much-missed stolen VFR750) had linked front and rear brakes. The theory was that having a partial activation of the rear brake when the front brake is applied will result in a more stable bike (and it seemed to work on the Pan-European).

However, on the VFR800, under certain conditions (wet road+a corner), it caused the rear tyre to sometimes lose adhesion with the road. Which errr.. 'concentrates' the mind slightly.

I got rid of that bike fairly soon after that (replaced it with a 900cc Fireblade - normally-aspirated, really, really fast bike. A joy to ride if you are doing more than ~50mph, not so much fun under that. And it really, really didn't like riding in the Alps. Having to maintain revs > 6000 RPM on tight alpine corners so that the engine wouldn't die mid-corner wasn't much fun. Especially as all the others were on fuel-injected bikes and didn't have a problem).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon