Reply to post: Re: Sir Tim is 62

Web inventor Sir Tim sizes up handcuffs for his creation – and world has 2 weeks to appeal

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Sir Tim is 62

"On the question of DRM I have little to say except that no such scheme has been successful ever, and any attempt can be nought but snake oil sold to rights holders who demand the finest copperhead lube."

Oh? Was the latest PS3 firmware cracked? What about the PS4, Xbox One, and dedicated 4K BluRay players (all of which demand protected hardware paths)?

"The analog hole still exists, and it cannot be closed. The chain of custody problem cannot be closed, and frankly - rightsholders don't want it to be: they count on it for word of mouth."

Yes it can because the analog hole produces significantly inferior results. "Screeners" are for the desperate, usually, and 4K home recorders aren't on the market yet and probably won't until they mandate watermark detectors.

"The whole evolution is sick now. I don't take my kids to the theater to watch the latest movies now. They've ruined it for us."

That's up to you, but it seems you're in the minority since the major film franchises still make a killing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon