Reply to post: Physicists are Plotting to Overthrow the World

Constant work makes the kilo walk the Planck

Speltier
Black Helicopters

Physicists are Plotting to Overthrow the World

Physicists, darn physicists, and scheming whinging dastardly cursed rubbish eating physicists!!

What you say am I talking about? The filthy lowlifes want to literally make Planck's Constant a constant-- i.e., a fixed number. No more of this "any time some busy body experimentalist discovers a more accurate value for Planck's Constant will our perfectly spherical (to a first approximation) august bodies have to recalculate our equations". Rubbish that, make Planck's Constant a true fixed number! Let the rest of the physical world recalculate everything when a more accurate underlying value is determined (our pristine Physicist's Planck's Constant is invariant by axiomatic definition completely regardless of the real world!).

Oh yes, all those metrology measurements are trashed, each time a more accurate Planck's Constant is found, recalibrate the instruments and keep a table to convert the past into the present. But the physicists won't have to lift a finger to scrub the numbers on the chalkboard.

It is a plot I say! Heaven help you if you use Planck's Constant (as a fixed number) in your orbital mechanics, you'd probably miss geosynch by at least 10's of meters because all those bits built into the spacecraft subtly change as "fixed Planck's constant" deviates further from its origins...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon