Reply to post: Re: Austerity is violence

El Reg partners with Action for Children to give IT industry an uncomfortable night

heyrick Silver badge

Re: Austerity is violence

"Not this, not anything.

Fair comment, but that doesn't mean we can't at least attempt to make the mental stresses a tiny bit less shitty. Sometimes self worth can receive a useful boost when a person without any sees random people doing something to try to help, it's like they're not just alone and forgotten.

You're right, it won't solve much, but given that I believe one of the main reasons that certain extremely rich people pushed Brexit so hard in their media outlets is exactly because they want the EU to leave their tax dodging alone and they will later want to lobby for fewer employee rights without that pesky EU thing getting in the way... Hell's going to freeze before anything is done about tax evasion and to be brutally frank, this whole thing is destined to get worse. But that shouldn't stop anybody from helping now.

Oh, and AC sixth post down (that hates children) - fuck off. I tried to think of a polite way to phrase it, then I read your post again and decided that, yup, that's exactly the response you deserve.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon