Reply to post: @Christian Berger, re: stupid bills.

Brit prosecutors ask IT suppliers to fight over £3 USB cable tender

Shadow Systems

@Christian Berger, re: stupid bills.

I once overpaid a utility bill by a few cents & thought nothing of it. Then they sent me a refund cheque for the *Three Pennies* that I was owed. It cost more in printer ink, an envelope, & postage than the damned thing was worth...

I made a photocopy for framing as proof, then submitted the cheque to my bank to be cashed. The teller took one look, went bug eyed in disbelief, & asked if there had been some mistake. I assured her that no, the amount was correct... Three. Bloody. Cents. ... She shook her head, sighed, & opened her till to pay me... and had to ask if I had change for a nickle because she was out of pennies. I nearly wet myself laughing at the absurdity of it all & told her to "just deposit it in my account!"

I lost the framed photocopy in my most recent move, a bummer because I made it out of a bunch of tongue depressors I'd swiped from the doctors office, made a "pane of glass" out of an old plastic sandwich baggie, & hung it on the wall with a blob of chewing gum. The GUM cost more than the cheque was worth... =-)p

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon