Reply to post: Re: Ha

Tick-tick... boom: Germany gives social media giants 24 hours to tear down hate speech

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Ha

> BS.

Admittedly, I only took one semester of international law so I am far from an expert.

> Currently the term "hate" is defined as anything that goes against political correctness

Please note that "hate speech" is a colloquial reference. In the present case, what is being clarified is the responsibility of certain actors acting as content providers in reference to the crimes of incitement to hatred on the basis of certain protected characteristics and attacks on human dignity. May I ask if you read German?

> Leftists

The federal government is a grand coalition led by two conservative partners. The Chancellor, Dr Merkel, is an East German belonging to one of those conservative parties.

> Germany hopes the internet will auto-regulate according to their hate definition.

I think, my dear chap, that you are slightly confused. Forgive me the insistence, but could I ask you again if you are capable of reading German? In the event that you are not, perhaps this article from the English edition of a well-known German news publication may help clarify the problem that legislators are attempting to address.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon