Reply to post: Re: Ego Overload

Linus Torvalds slams 'pure garbage' from 'clowns' at Grsecurity

Kiwi
Pint

Re: Ego Overload

the guy whose hobby seems to be collecting downvotes by making stupid comments on every Windows-related article on this site

That silver badge by my handle? You don't get them for downvotes y'know. But while appreciated, and sometimes can even brighten my day, I'm not here for the votes. But I'll let the tally of my up/down votes vs yours in this thread speak to your comment.

(Having a quick look at your history, I see there are other topics we agree on, and probably a number of posts of yours I've upvoted (I don't see any blue arrows (thanks Reg for implementing that) but they may not follow everything that far back)...

I will, however, tell you what I'm not a fan of:

* Shouty, hysterical assholes

* People who don't read the comments in context, but choose to look stupid by having an argument anyway.

So.. You're not a fan of yourself then? :)

* People who run away and hide when presented with questions which show their argument in a bad light

Like.. How you're not answering questions about your posts, and attacking the person instead? Remind me, who was it who, a few hours ago, said that if you attack the person you don't have much of an argument?

It's 1:20am here on what is becoming a cold winter's night. I'm not "running away" as you might claim, I'm hopping into a nice warm bed. That should mean it's early afternoon on what I hope is a nice summer's day for you. Have one of these -->

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon