Reply to post: Re: Link mayhem

Smart burglars will ride the surf of inter-connected hackability

Jamie Jones Silver badge

Re: Link mayhem

Don't understand why the article link sends me to some proprietary nuisance page that needs more Javascript permissions than a nuclear bunker.

This link on YouTube does just as well, with a full explanation (in French) for the first 2:30 minutes of the video.

Just want to see it bumble around ? Jump to 2:30 and enjoy.

Thank-you!

I was going to post "In this day and age, we still have crappy websites that write incompatible code".

I loaded the site - this browser normally plays html5 video with no problem. I have no special javascript-blocking/alerts, but as with quite a few sites, the video simply refused to load.

It's 2017, and we still have the cowboy web designer showcasing the website to the customer on a top of the range computer running the designers preferred browser and the designers preferred OS, without knowing or caring about or explaining the nuances of the web.

That, along with sites still browser-agent sniffing to force feed me a 'mobile version' of a site when I browse on my large tv..

I won't be surprised to soon see a "This site viewed best in Microsoft Edge at 1280x1024 resolution - please upgrade"

</grumpy-old-git>

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon