Reply to post: @ Voland's right hand

WikiLeaks doc dump reveals CIA tools for infecting air-gapped PCs

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

@ Voland's right hand

"Oh grow up. You seriously think that no other government in the world is doing this or at least trying to? Its the nature of espionage. And isn't it odd that wikileaks only seems to stick it to the US security services, where are all the insider documents from Russia or China? You have to wonder who's funding this supposedly impartial whistle blowing site."

"no other government in the world is doing this", they are supposed to act against foreign powers not the people they are supposed to protect. In terms of domestic dissidents then who chooses what is best for our country? if it is a democracy it is supposed to be us.

"And isn't it odd that wikileaks only seems to stick it to the US security services, where are all the insider documents from Russia or China?" I don't live in Russia or China but if I did and they were democracies then I would be equally concerned about a group acting against democracy and the law in the country in which I lived.

Given that I did not come from a family "on the inside" then my chances of becoming collateral damage are much higher than yours. I am not niave, I just remember all the deaths reported in the papers of plastic bag over the head self strangulations during kinky sex. All the child abuse and murders that went unpunished and has recently be shown to have been condoned by the authorities. The cost to the people they are presented to be protecting seems somewhat high

If it is against the law then that should apply to everyone in that country, one law for everyone or it is not a law at all. That this reports suggest that there is no effective oversight is most worrying of all, how do we know the next terror attack wasn't for our own good?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon