Reply to post: Re: @ Triggerfish

Tesco Online IT meltdown: Fails to deliver thousands of grocery orders

Pompous Git Silver badge

Re: @ Triggerfish

"However there are still people in the country who do not have money left over full stop... assuming that because you have had it tough, therefore others can't have had it tougher is to me not the right way to think about it."
So, you are claiming that someone who has money at the beginning of the week have it tougher than I did when I had no money at the beginning of the week. For three weeks running. You might not realise this, but that is completely irrational. Bear in mind that no matter how tough I've had it and it's been pretty rough from time to time, I have never, ever claimed that there's nobody having it tougher than myself. If you believe I have, you will have to quote my exact words.

My arthritis dates back to my twenties, some forty years ago. It hasn't stopped me from working: picking apples on contract at 3–4 times the rate of day-labourers, building my own house, market gardening for a decade... Things are different now — I needed to take an Endone to get out of bed this morning for example. But I don't piss and moan about it. I just do what I can and make the best of what I have. A 24 hour delay in grocery delivery seems a trivial thing in comparison. Squeaking of which...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon