Reply to post:

Uber wants your top tips to mend its rotten image

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

I don't have any top tips for Uber; they're past that now.

I do have a Top tip for any Uber investors though -- take your money and get it as far away from that organisation as you can.

The way things are going, I don't expect Uber to survive in the long term. The Waymo case on its own has the potential to wipe them out. That thought alone should be enough to get the investors nervous. But even if they do think it can survive, the Uber brand is so toxic that anyone associated with it is going to find themselves tarnished by association. I wouldn't want my money associated with it. I wouldn't even use their services, let alone invest in them.

There is honestly no way of fixing this organisation now. If the investors had acted early, when the attitudes at the top were already clear, then they could have made it work, but they've left it to fester for so long now that anyone with a moral conscience will have left the company; I'd be surprised if there is a single good egg among their entire permanent work-force. You'd basically have to fire everyone and start again.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon