Reply to post: How To Write the FCC Without Pain and Suffering

You know this net neutrality thing? Well, people really love it

DerekCurrie
Thumb Up

How To Write the FCC Without Pain and Suffering

Due to bad web coding, the FCC website itself is a mess to navigate when you'd like to convey your opinions to them regarding real net neutrality. This EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) page will cut-the-crap and get your message to them painlessly:

https://dearfcc.org

"Dear FCC,

The FCC should ensure a fair and open Internet for all by opposing efforts to undermine net neutrality.

The FCC should throw out Chairman Ajit Pai’s proposal to give the government-subsidized ISP monopolies like Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon the authority to throttle whatever they please, stripping users of the vital privacy and access protections we worked for and so recently won.

I’m afraid of a “pay-to-play” Internet where ISPs can charge more for certain websites because . . ."

". . .Thankfully, the current FCC regulations ensure that ISP monopolies can’t slow or block Internet users’ ability to see certain web services or create Internet “fast lanes” by charging websites and online services money to reach people faster. That’s exactly the right balance to make sure competition in the Internet space is fair and benefits Internet users and small businesses as well as larger players. Pai’s proposal would transform ISPs into gatekeepers with the ability to veto new innovation and expression. That’s contrary to the basic precepts on which the Internet was built.

Why the internet matters to me: . . ."

". . .Thanks for protecting Internet users like me by upholding the existing Title II net neutrality rules."

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon