Reply to post: Criminal Foolishness?

Donald Trumped: Comey says Prez is a liar – and admits he's a leaker

Bucky 2

Criminal Foolishness?

There are a number of things being said that don't ring true for me in this whole setup.

If the FBI is "independent," then how in the world did Trump have the power to fire Comey? If it's supposed to be independent, that power must be removed, no matter how this ultimately plays out.

The fact that a foreign nation wanted to put a useless douche in power doesn't make that useless douche complicitous. Heinlein called this technique a "Black Frost" campaign: Remove effective people from power, and leave incompetents in place. Even if it's not as commonplace as Heinlein suggested in "Friday," it's certainly not a new idea.

The fact that Trump was abrasive and inappropriate shouldn't have been a surprise to Comey. Trump's been that way his entire life. He was elected based on the fact that country people get a boner for pompous dickwads (look at who they elect as senators). And Comey — G-Man extraordinare — recorded his experiences using what kind of futuristic FBI device? A diary? After the first meeting, sure. But afterwards? Sorry, but something doesn't hold water. I'd get the heebie jeebies, too, but being unpleasant isn't against the law.

Trump is America's Cicciolina (except, you know, president instead of parliamentarian). He's an embarrassment, but I haven't seen anything yet that can't be explained by foolishness.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon