Reply to post: Re: Optional religious wars were ended?

The internet may well be the root cause of today's problems… but not in the way you think

Mark 110

Re: Optional religious wars were ended?

So a few bits on the above:

I agree that resentment is an issue. And I also agree it is an aspect of Envy/Jealousy. However theres more to it than that. We have caused the deaths of their relatives by our governments actions. The poster that spoke about hate's post was a little weird - FGM isn't considered within the community as harmful its a normal thing, not hateful, but he is right in that they hate us and our hedonistic society. They hate us because we turned up with lots of bombs and guns and killied their relatives and friends. We all (those of us over 40 anyway) grew up with residual hate for Germans for similar reasons (AND YES I AGREE, not the same, similar).

On the whole Judaism, Christianity, Islam thing. Mohammed actually says in the Koran that we are all 'people of the book' and followers of Islam should not attack people of the book except in self defence. Mohammed does dictate some other stuff regarding 'polytheists' and needing to attack them in the Koran which explains the endless conflict with the Hindu religion. But then the bible says some pretty weird stuff in Ezekeiel. Ignore it, get over it. Most of my Islamic friends have.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon