Reply to post: What Ads... What Shops?

Google wants to track your phone and credit card through meatspace

I Like Heckling Silver badge

What Ads... What Shops?

My solution is simple

1: I never look at ads

2: I have never bought anything because of an ad I saw (instead I decide I have a need/desire for something and go looking, do my research and have no real brand loyalty to anything except perhaps a findness for Japanese cars)

3: 95% of all my shopping is done online from a google free browser, my net searches are done via duckduckgo and when I do actually go into a shop it's some kind of food store for my fortnightly shop or top up... or a petrol station.

On the rare occasion I go into a department store, it's purely to check out something in the flesh before going home and ordering it online... In fact I occasionally play the Dixons baiting game, where i go into a store to check out a product... wait for a sales drone to 'eventually' saunter up and try to sell me something.. confuse them with questions that require they actually have knowledge of a product and whilst they're taking their time looking stuff up... order it online and tell them it was quicker to look up the answers and order for free delivery when they come back.

It's fun for all the family.. cheaper than taking the kids to the safari park to watch the monkeys and just as much fun.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon