Reply to post: many times

PC repair chap lets tech support scammer log on to his PC. His Linux PC

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

many times

They have called me multiple times over the years, usually I string them along. sometimes for 10 minutes, the longest over an hour.

One time I got a call, they wanted me to press the windows key, asked which that was, it was the one between the ctrl and alt, said they wasn't a key there over and over they would go what keys i havewould always miss the windows key. Got transferred to another 'agent' they got me to press ctrl esc, then wanted me to go to control panel and the event viewer, said there wasnt an event viewer, went over and over again to find it.

Transferred to their supervisor, he asked me to open internet explorer and go to, cant remember the remote control app site. I said it just said i had no connection, over and over would spell out the sites name. Then I said i dont have internet access. He then started questioning me about how i get online, said my wife uses it on her phone and that i use it at work. Also asked about if i had kids and what about them. Said they dont have access, he then started telling me how i should get internet for my kids so they can chat to friends and play online etc, also they my computer, which i informed him was a windows 95 machine bought used many years ago worked fine and did everything I wanted. At the end of the call, wished me luck. he was actually quite nice :)

Unlike some others, one had my son (Norwegian) talk to one, he didnt understand everything so this guy started swearing at him and then said he was going to rape and kill him.

Another one also after realising that i was stringing him along start came out and said, you have a small dick. I said what, he again said you have a small dick. I replied, that's not what your wife said last night. he came back again with you have a small dick you fucker, then he hung up.

Another i ended up getting them to start telling me about them doing this and that if he told me how many people they get he would get fired :)

I stopped answering them a while back and they also have stopped calling.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon