Reply to post: Re: White Knight AMD

Gamers red hot with fury over Intel Core i7-7700 temperature spikes

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: White Knight AMD

Its interesting that people think that being the de facto for years is a good thing. Supremacy breeds arrogance, I have said for years that Intel plays the market, not lead the industry. Tic-toc is what they have done for years instead of leaps and bounds.

Over the last few years with all the talk of green this and green that maybe people should remind companies like Intel (and companies that exclusively use their tech) that green also means not baby stepping your way through technological possibilities ... meaning instead of making 50 generations of tech to achieve what is mass producible right now maybe doing it in half or 1/4 of the steps, thus producing less e-wast and having a much lower carbon foot print never mind the amount of poisons spewed back into the environment.

I guess I have wished for many years people would stop being fan boi's so much and buy what makes more sense to the pocket book and environment. Companies that allow you to upgrade hardware a few times are and should always be preferred than ones that force full upgrades every baby step along the way.

For those thinking AMD might be a good choice are thinking since AMD has a history of sticking to a socket for a long time and allowing multiple generations of CPU to be compatible to it. Case and point, my last AMD system I started off with a quad core, then 2 years later bought a 6 core, then 2 years later an 8 core, costing me less than 800 dollars over a 6 year period and each time it felt much snappier after the upgrade. Also to boot much less energy (aka carbon foot print) and much less poisons produced. To me its a win-win situation, unless things go very wrong in the world we are gonna have to buy this stuff for life.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon