Reply to post: Re: I got mine

Don't click that Google Docs link! Gmail hijack mail spreads like wildfire

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I got mine

1) Google doesn't look at your contacts or send you spam. They have an algorithm that scans emails and places ads, rarely, on the top line but even then not in the primary inbox and only in the social and promotional tabs. 2) Do you object to the idea that they may occasionally show you an ad to pay for the massive investments in infrastructure and engineering to build these services? Then pony up a couple of bucks a month and Google will give you an enterprise account with no ads, scanning, etc. If you would rather Google didn't ever show you an ad and you don't want to pay anything, then you just asking for a free lunch and building things costs money. I don't see what else they could do.

"I don't like ads so I don't use Google (or, really, the internet in general as everything is ad funded including El Reg being funded by Google ads)" is reasonable. "I don't like ads so I pay to not see them" is reasonable. "Google owes me services and can't ever make money in anyway, either directly or indirectly, to pay for those services" is not reasonable.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon