Reply to post:

Back to the future: Honda's new electric car can go an incredible 80 miles!

Kaltern

Still can't understand how people are so dense when it comes to batteries.

Where does the power come from to put the power into batteries in the first place?

Reliance on fossil fuels time and time again comes down to convenience and cost. And both are a terrible reason to ignore the downsides to these fuels.

I always read comments like these on sites all over the place, and it always comes down to one simple fact.

Anything else is perceived to be more expensive than fossil fuels, so therefore they're not important.

Such a closed-minded attitude is going to affect your children's children, or suchlike. Personally, quite apart from being some sort of green vegan freak (which I am not), I simply want the human race to progress. And right now, the energy ceiling being enforced by the big energy companies, and the attitudes of those who don't see the point - or dismiss other possible options due to cost - is stifling our own development.

I will get downvoted to hell for this, not that I give a shit. But I look at how things have 'progressed' over the last 60 years, and apart from refining the energy we already have, I don't see much improvement since the combustion engine was developed.

I can only hope that somehow, the EM Drive's physics is a real thing, and open the eyes of the closed-minded who can make things happen.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon