Reply to post: Re: EFF Lawyers are EFF'n Stupid

'Tech troll' sues EFF to silence 'Stupid Patent of the Month' blog. Now the EFF sues back

Agamemnon

Re: EFF Lawyers are EFF'n Stupid

"then the complainers should take issue with the US Patent Office for issuing this patent"

Ho! Everyone hold on there everyone, @hrearden360 mkes a good point right here.

Let's talk about that.

1. The United States Patent Office is a worthless pile of crap staffed, as near as can be divined, by dead parrots and Roomba's. Yes, because of their well-known inability to read a document and grok ("process", to you) the simple concept right in front of them (e.g., The Patent), the U.S.P.O. awards idiot patents on a *REGULAR BASIS*.

2. The EFF (who, to reply to your first comment, has a metric shitload of Patent And Other Intellectual Property Lawyers on hand s they're in San Francisco and Silicon Vlley is quite lousy with the breed), then, points to those Stupid Patents in a (correctly) mocking and derisive way (as should we all).

3. Now along comes a $PatentTroll that picks up that "Intellectual Property" usually in a "Start-Up->Fall Down" Sale. This organization produces nothing but hasa this "Intellectual Property" (that, we ALL gree, should never have been awarded in the first place) and then:

4. Ties up the damned courts, using them to *Extort* (it is *Extortion*, make no mistake, as I have been on the recieving end of this shit a few times). So, here *I* am, Joe Citizen, PAYING A FORTUNE for the Luddite, inefficient, slow-assed (I think the Brits call them "Beaks"...I like that) judge can rule that $PatentTroll, who designs nothing, produces nothing, is usally shrouded in shady shell companies, can legally extort an Actual productive organization out of hard earned, often clawed out of the ether, profit. I, as a citizen, resent that a Great Deal.

Now *that* is a greater view of the problem at hand for you. But I'll grant you that you are correct, The United States Post Office is very much to blame. Followed immediately by slimy little turds with nothing useful to do and no actual skills.

I'm an Engineer and a Technician, I made things, provide value. I've no love for someone who does nothing to contribute, plays extortion games, And Distracts From The Useful Work by pissing away time and other resources in court. Most folk around here, you'll find, agree.

(Note: Had to make a new account to post as the servers running the domain I signed up to The Reg forever ago, are currently running around the Great West US in the trunk of an Apache Foundation founder's car, and he's in no hurry to put them in a datacenter, like, this spring, anytime, at all. Can't be without my RegForums and Troll Bashing.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon