Reply to post: Re: That's all right then

UK.gov cuts deal with Microsoft to avoid £15m post-Brexit price hike

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: That's all right then

"Sorry to disappoint you, but it's got nothing to do with racism, it's in reference to this line from the film Fight Club: “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”

Oh, is that all? BTW, your first sentence seems to imply that I was expecting it to be a racist comment or somehow inferring that either I'm a racist or someone looking to be offended on behalf of others. That's not the case if you read my OP properly. I was simply pointing out the previous existence of snowflake as an insult and wondered why it was being used again, but in a completely different and obviously non-racist context, ie WTF does it mean this time around. Now that I know it's taken from a film I've never seen, will never see and don't want to see, I can safely ignore it as one of those strange sub-culture references where the members can't get their heads around the idea that not everyone is like them and don't even understand the supposed insult.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon