Reply to post: One news site called it MS's worst Windows.

Hasta la Windows Vista, baby! It's now officially dead – good riddance

Mage Silver badge
Windows

One news site called it MS's worst Windows.

Vista by default was a pig. But unlike ME, you could get it to run reliably and with security. Windows ME might be the worse, and was pointless compared to Windows 98 SE, and "Real Windows with USB existed as Windows 2000, or without USB as NT4.0.

Windows 10 is worst than Vista as nothing has so lacked customisation since before Windows 3.1, also its update mechanisms and lack of privacy.

Windows 7 should have been free to Vista users as it was essentially a bug fix, finishing off etc, even more so than XP compared to the unfinished and rushed Windows 2000.

So, no I don't mourn Vista. OTOH, Windows 7 seems to be Microsoft's last competent Windows and little really compared to what a decent Service Pack for XP, no wonder XP users were so slow to upgrade.

MS has been in decline, quality & design wise since 2002 -2003. Probably Office 2003 was last decent office, the last updates to Visual Studio before VS.Net, Advanced Server 2000 and Windows XP Client. The Server 2003 had incredible bloat, we changed to Linux exclusively for server when win 2000 Server became EOL for us.

Now only one Windows user left. They will get Linux Mint on next refresh as all the programs used are also on Linux.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon