Reply to post:

Put down your coffee and admire the sheer amount of data Windows 10 Creators Update will slurp from your PC

oiseau
Devil

It's all fine and dandy.

We (Reg readers, commentards, tech savvy users with varied knowledge, etc.) can bitch all we want.

As we do it, even a great many of those who post here insist in using the crap Microsoft spews out.

Unbelievable.

The ugly truth is that the 'rest of the world', those who do not fit into the Reg readers, commentards, tech savvy users with varied knowledge, etc. categories (ie: millions of persons) and many many others in between, will continue to use a Microsoft OS, impervoius to the warnings and unaware of the consequences.

One available alternative is a Linux based OS although as things stand today I'm not too sure.

But until the Linux community 'as a whole' realises that a truly focused and effective joint effort is needed to take Linux into the desktop for 'everyone' (as opposed to the 'look Ma, I rolled a new distro today! attitude that has plagued it for as long as I can remember), this will continue to happen.

But it is something that seems to be, if not impossible to achieve, very far away and I fear that time may have already run out.

In very few years, all your digital activities will be owned and monitored by governments and corporations and there will be absolutely nothing to be done about it, as not having a digital activity will not really be an option because everything you do or want to do will depend on your having one.

It's already started.

Look at the hordes of assholes walking the streets looking not at their surroundings or the sidewalk but idiotically staring at their new, shiny and very expensive fondleslab they just spent eight hours of their life in a queue for because you 'have' to be connected and cannot take a step without reading the last whatever popped up.

And I won't even get started on the Wi-Fi connected dildo with a camera I've recently read about.

Times are indeed getting more and more interesting each day.

Cheers.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon