Reply to post:

'Clearance sale' shows Apple's iPad is over. It's done

Tom Paine

Ofcom's Communications Market survey last year showed 5 per cent more households owned a tablet than in 2015, at 59 per cent. Laptop penetration is 64 per cent. We can surmise that everyone who wants computing at home already has one.

That's quite a non sequitur, if you don't mind me saying so. I'm 100% certain that a significant chunk of that 35% of the population who don't have a laptop in the household would rather like one, but can't afford it. (I myself have only a £200 quid Happy Shopper craptop at home, which just about suffices for basic web, multimedia and Office usage, whilst enabling me to practice controlling my temper and developing a zen-like tranquility whilst waiting for Twitter, Facebook and other bloated script-framework heavy sites to start reacting. (Remember the good old days when web sites just used a browser's native implementation of standard FORM elements to interact with the user, rather than recreating everything from scratch with Javascript? And when having to reload a page to see it change was, well, just what you had to do? And you could write a website in Notepad... uphill, both ways... *sigh* ... )

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon