Reply to post: Re: Distraction tactics - attack is the best form of defence

After London attack, UK gov lays into Facebook, Google for not killing extremist terror pages

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Distraction tactics - attack is the best form of defence

Your terrorist is my Freedom Fighter.

Theoretically correct. Same as "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

The issue with this idea is that you end up supporting a guy who buys 50+ spare trainer aircraft, gets the loaded with explosives and the only thing preventing him from using them for a suicide bomb mass run is that he has no pilots. He after that has to be taken out resulting in years of civil war and bloodshed.

Sound far fetched? I suggest looking up "Chechen Republic Air Force" - it is from a period predating Google Earth, but you can find the satellite photos if you search long enough. That is the real reason why the first Chechen war started by the way - Grozny was planned as a side show, the objective was take this out and make Hankala airbase unusable. Going back to the "Your terrorist is my Freedom Fighter" - we helped them buy the ex-Warsaw pact trainer aircraft across NATO countries from the Soviet block. Approx 50+ of them to be more exact.

Sounds resembling 9/11 original plan before the attackers replaced the trainer aircraft with hijacked airliners one month before execution (*)? Sure it does. Not surprising - some of Al Qaeda command contingent was in Chechnia those days (which did not prevent us training them under "Your terrorist is my Freedom Fighter" agenda).

So before using that logic, you need to think - will the "Freedom Fighter" turn around in 10 years and blow up our buses and rape your daughter.

So the conspiracy theorists which think that 9/11 is a black op gone wrong are not that far off. What they are missing is that it is a black op planned for another theater 6 years prior. Sponsored by us all the way too.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon