Reply to post: parts of its technology and the trademark

Amazon dodges $1.5bn US tax bill: It's OK to run sales through Europe out of IRS reach – court

Mage Silver badge
Devil

parts of its technology and the trademark

This sort of corporate Intellectual property scam needs to stop.

Obviously too, tax should be due where the company makes the sales. I object to the fact that I am in living in Europe, I have never lived in USA nor been a USA citizen (I have two Citizenships in Europe), yet I have have to fill in USA tax forms, not just for my sales in USA, but sales ANYWHERE, because three USA Companies are doing the selling, even though one has Luxembourg HQ! USA government arrogance!

One contra-intuitive solution is to abolish Corporation tax. Also abolish fines and lawsuits against corporations.

There is Company healthcare (National Insurance contributions in some countries). The employees are taxed. The consumers pay sales tax. So tax the shareholders, especially speculators and asset strippers.

Make executives and the board liable for the actions and profits of the company. This becomes obvious considering fines against councils, state owned companies etc. Ultimately taxpayers and/or customers pay the tax and fines etc.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon