Reply to post: Re: Code injection.

Apple empties gas can, strikes match, burns bridge to hot-patch apps

Ian Joyner Bronze badge

Re: Code injection.

>>Apple couldn't care less about you. All they want to do is stop you bypassing the app-store to do things.<<

That is nonsense. Apple very much cares about end users. Security is paramount. End users need security provided for them. Even as a security 'expert' I value being protected. It is just impossible to keep up with everything that is happening, or even to understand it all (in that stack of security books I have on my floor).

Should we rely on Apple's review process? No - nothing can be 100% secure. We don't know how Apple tests the apps. I suspect some automated tool to look for funny calls, i.e. a virus scanner that scans for odd bits of code, long before it gets onto any end users machine. No virus scanner can be relied on 100% either.

No company wants its systems that it sells violated. But Apple have the strongest ecosystem to do that - to protects its own systems and its end users.

While you made some good points about not relying on that, since security cannot be 100%, your concluding paragraph is complete rubbish.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon